Monday, January 21, 2013

Happy For A Reason

Here is the reason I can continue to be happy as I begin the year 2013.

Here we are in the year 2013. The number 13, seems to get a bad rap. In fact when you get on an elevator, how often do you see a floor numbered 13? On a Friday that falls on the 13th, if anything bad happens, people say, “Oh, it is because it is Friday the 13th!” So here we have the year “13.” Is it going to be a difficult year full of tragedy? Is it going to be a year of impossibilities?  I say, “I don’t think so!” What is your reason, you might ask? Promise #1: “For nothing is impossible with God." Luke 1:37. So, there you have it! We partner with God, and the year won’t be impossible! Promise #2: "What is impossible with men is possible with God." Luke 18:27. And the promises continue:
Matthew 19:26 “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”
Mark 9:23   “If you are able to believe, everything is possible to the one who believes.” (Aramaic Bible in Plain English)
Mark 10:27  Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God.”
There are times when it may seem that things are out of control and discouragement sets in. These are the times to remember the words of Jesus in Mark 14:36, “Abba, Father,” he said, “everything is possible for You. Take this cup from Me. Yet not what I will, but what You will.” Here He knew His Father could take the cup so He wouldn’t have to die, but He had complete trust in God the Father, knowing He knew best and that the outcome would Glorify His Father. Where would we be if the cup had of been removed? What hope would we have for our future? The Father gave the Son the strength to see it through to the end. Because of what He did for us, we to have a promise for the hard times 2 Corinthians 12:9-10 “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.”
So when the battles come, in this the year 2013, take courage, trust the Lord knowing He will see you through! 2 Chronicles 20:15 “…Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army (difficult and trying situation,) for the battle is not yours, but God’s.”
Remember the impossible situations of old. God saved Moses and helped him lead the Children of Israel out of Egypt towards the promise land, Noah built the ark that saved his family from the world wide flood. God saved the King Jehoshaphat and the children of Israel from an army more powerful than they, helped Joshua in the battle of Jericho, Jesus born of a virgin, and the Cross! The list goes on and on.
Our God has every detail of the year 2013 in control! It is going to be an amazing year! All things are possible because of God’s amazing grace, the Cross!
Thank you Father for the gift of Your Son, Jesus Christ! Because of the Cross we know that this year is full of numerous impossibilities becoming spectacular possibilities! Thank you for the exciting and wonderful things that you are going to do for us and through us as you empower us by Your Holy Spirit.
Isaiah 41:10-13 “Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand. Behold, all who are incensed against you shall be put to shame and confounded; those who strive against you shall be as nothing and shall perish. You shall seek those who contend with you, but you shall not find them, those who war against you shall be as nothing at all. For I, the Lord your God, hold your right hand; it is I who say to you, “Fear not, I am the one who helps you.”

1 comment:

  1. Great Bible promises to hold in our hearts and to memorize. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete