Wednesday, November 7, 2012

March 25


March 25, 2012 ~

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you.
Show me the way I should go, for to you I entrust my life.” ~Psalm 143:8, NIV

So many times in life we run into detours. When one of those detours presents its self to me, the first thing I need to ask is, is this God’s planned detour, or is it one I have caused? If it is one that I have caused, I need to remember that I am taking a detour that could be treacherous, causing untold pain, sorrow, and hardship. God’s detours, in the end, are just the opposite.  There may be some pain, hardship, and trials, but with it there can be peace. He promises “… in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose” Romans 8:28.  There is no doubt what this verse is saying! “All” means all. Do I trust God to be my GPS? How about listening to God’s Position System and trusting Him to put me in the right place at the right time?

I looked up the meaning for GPS, and this is what Webster told me:

1. Global Positioning System: a global system of U.S. navigational satellites developed to provide precise positional and velocity data and global time synchronization for air, sea, and land travel.



2.An electronic system that uses these satellites to determine the position of a vehicle, person, etc.: The car is equipped with GPS, so I'm sure we won't get lost.
3. Receiver that determines its position by analyzing the satellite signals it receives: When we go on hikes, we use a GPS.

This got me thinking. I need to be listening to God’s Position System and trust Him to put me in the right place at the right time? And if I trust Him to position me where He knows is best, I can hold to the promise that “All” things will work out for good, no matter how long, or what the detour is! In fact, one time I used a GPS to get to my destination, only to be directed to a lot, with a for sale sign, in the middle of nowhere. I know God’s Positioning System is better than that! He can be trusted
Going to work last night was easy, even though I had to take a detour because they are replacing a bridge on my normal route. Coming home was another story! They had three flaggers, directing traffic. One direction at a time would be able to go. The traffic backed up across the bridge, around the corner, for as far as I could see. But guess what? I made it home and that is something to be happy about!
Happy For A Reason Reasons:
1.       I made it home!
2.       Waking up to the smells of a taste meal!
3.       I have enjoyed watching many different kinds of birds feeding at my bird feeder.
4.       A call from a excited La’Quon, who would love to go on a mission trip.
5.       Ok, so I love my dog, but her licking my legs. Really? Ahh, I know she loves me!

No comments:

Post a Comment