Wednesday, March 7, 2012

January 18

January 18, 2012 ~

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For indeed, that's all who ever have." ~ Margaret Mead


What a night!  Not in numbers, but in the types of patients seen.  It was challenging, to say the least. Come to think about it, Isaiah 53 tells of the challenges of another kind, hundreds of years before they happened! What a challenge Christ took upon Himself to save mankind!  Christ was a servant to all. He didn’t have to have the last word, He didn’t need to defend Himself, and His actions said it all.

As the night passed, we watched huge snowflakes falling to the ground, making the roads pretty treacherous. The ambulances had to chain up because it was slick on the side roads and hills. When it was time

Watched it snow nearly all night long. Pretty, but treacherous. The ambulances had to chain up because it was slick on the side roads and hills. Thankfully when it was time to get off work the temperature had risen high enough, the snow had turned to rain and I had no problem making it home in time to say goodbye to Ron before he headed out for his appointments. 

I was welcomed home with candle lights! It could mean nothing more than-the power is out! With the power out, I crawled into bed and found the perfect place to start my Happy For A Reason Reasons!
Happy For A Reason Reasons:
1.       A challenging night at work is over and I’m ready for some sleep!
2.       A nice soft bed!
3.       Warm flannel sheets!
4.       Thick warm blankets, making me cozy and warm! And just as I am ready to drop off into dreamland …….
5.       The electricity comes back on! That was a nice thing. Not so much because the house would warm up, but I could turn the fan on. That way I didn’t have to listen to the melting snow slide off my roof and splash on the ground.

                           ~Sweet Dreams~




No comments:

Post a Comment