Wednesday, March 21, 2012

January 27


Oh, were it not for God's grace?  Amazing Grace, sung by Whintley Phipps

January 27, 2012~

How do grace and judgment work together? Today I was reading a devotional on God’s grace, and how grace and judgment work together. Praise God for our precious Jesus!

“While Jesus is pleading for the subjects of His grace, Satan accuses them before God as transgressors. The great deceiver has sought to lead them into skepticism, to cause them to lose confidence in God, to separate themselves from His love, and to break His law. Now he points to the record of their lives, to the defects of character, the unlikeness to Christ, which has dishonored their Redeemer, to all the sins that he has tempted them to commit, and because of these he claims them as his subjects.

“Jesus does not excuse their sins, but shows their penitence and faith, and, claiming for them forgiveness, He lifts His wounded hands before the Father and the holy angels, saying: I know them by name. I have graven them on the palms of my hands.”—The Great Controversy, p. 484

Happy For A Reason Reasons:
1.      The gift of Jesus Christ, precious blood on my behalf.
2.      God’s wonderful grace.
3.      Knowing my loved ones and friends have angels watching over them!
4.      I have angels watching over me, too!
5.      My name is etched onto the hands of Jesus!


No comments:

Post a Comment