Monday, March 12, 2012

January 23


January 23, 2012 ~
I will praise You with my whole heart… I will sing praises to You.
I will worship….and praise Your name
For Your loving kindness and Your truth;
For You have magnified Your word above all Your name.
In the day when I cried out, You answered me,
And made me bold with strength in my soul.
All the kings of the earth shall praise You, O LORD,
When they hear the words of Your mouth. 
Yes, they shall sing of the ways of the LORD,
For great is the glory of the LORD.
Though the LORD is on high,
Yet He regards the lowly;
But the proud He knows from afar.
Though I walk in the midst of trouble, You will revive me;
You will stretch out Your hand
Against the wrath of my enemies,
And Your right hand will save me. 
The LORD will perfect that which concerns me;
Your mercy, O LORD, endures forever;
Do not forsake the works of Your hands.
~Psalm 138, NKJV

Just the kind of day I needed! Beautiful, sunny, and warm (at least compared to what it has been.)  It was perfect for a walk in the woods.
 Walking through the woods, the beauty surrounded me as the sunshine came streaming through the fog,  the sound of water flowing down the creek, while the birds flittered here and there, as they were singing their praises. As the birds sing, I just want to join them in praise to my Maker and my King!  I can see why Jesus wanted to be out in nature as much as possible, and how it revitalized Him. I feel wonderful! It is like my spark is coming back!  And so I begin my….
Happy For A Reason Reasons:
1.       The beauty that surrounds me!
2.       Time for a two mile walk in the woods!
3.       A great time in the kitchen baking… Lentil cold cuts, hmmm….not sure I’ll do these again, but I’ll let Ron have a vote before I decide one way or the other. Eggplant parmesan (vegan) for Ron, of course! You see I am not one for Eggplant dishes, though, I have to say I have tasted the Bay Leaf Eggplant Crisp, and it was delicious! I even had seconds. Mine isn’t in that category, but Ron like it and that is what counts!
4.       A day without rain!
5.       A couple hours of sleep before I had to head off to work the night shift!

The view from home....

Looking towards home as I enter the woods...

Hitting the trail...
The deeper I went into the canyon....the more fog there was....but the sun still penetrated through!




Headed back up the hill!

Back on the lane....


...and just before heading into my yard, I see the evidence that winter is still hanging on... hmmm... I wonder what life lesson I can learn from this!

God is good!




No comments:

Post a Comment