Thursday, March 22, 2012

January 29


January 29, 2012 ~
God's promises are sure!


"For with God nothing shall be impossible." ~ Luke 1:37


I was more than ready to head home this morning, after a long night at work. The car was cold, but I knew it would be warm in minutes. I started off, only to realize that I had signed up for my Living Well evaluation and screening this morning. They had been so thoughtful to schedule sometimes right after work, for those of us who work nights. Thankfully, I had gone less than a mile when I was reminded of the fact that it was the 29th and that was the day I had scheduled my appointment! So, having 45 minutes before my appointment, I was able to fill the car with gas, get a car wash, and grab a bit or two of breakfast!  The timing was perfect! Once I was finished with the screening, and received my results, I headed home. This time I was headed home for good! As I neared my exit from the freeway, I was greeted with one of the most spectacular triple rainbows I have seen in quite some time. When I exited, I had to pull over and at least get one picture! By that time it was only double, but still beautiful!  If I had not of returned to work for my appointment, I would have missed this spectacular rainbow!
Happy For A Reason Reasons:
1.       God’s prompting my memory! I would have had to come in on one of my days off and miss my second reason for being happy today!
2.       A beautiful, display of God’s creative beauty, in the sky this morning! (This picture isn't actually the one I took. It looks very similar, but mine is still on my old camara at the time of this posting, so I'll have to update it later.)
3.       The reminder, in the form of the rainbows, that God keeps His promises. His promises are sure!
4.       My God is the God of the impossible!
5.       The gift of sight! Without the gift of sight, I would not have enjoyed the rainbows this morning, or been reminded of God’s promises and love!

No comments:

Post a Comment