Sunday, October 30, 2011

October 11


October 11, 2011~






"Any man can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a Daddy!"
~Author Unknown





“…in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. So when this corruptible has put on incorruption, and this mortal has put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written: ‘Death is swallowed up in victory.’”~1 Corinthians 15:52-54
I thought I had tomorrow, that is, until I received the call late last night. It was the call that no one ever wants. I knew it would one day come, but not so soon. All I could think about on the ride into town, was, I thought I had tomorrow. This hurts too much, why now? My precious father had fallen asleep in Jesus last night.
Daddy started to stir last night and Judy asked him what he needed. He said he was just going to turn on the light and read his Bible. When he was done, he told Judy that he was going to get back in bed and go to sleep. As Judy was helping him back into bed, that is just what he did. He went to sleep in Jesus. He is at peace now, resting in Jesus, awaiting the great resurrection morning, when the trumpet shall sound.
Daddy’s life was a life well-lived! His life was like a rose garden (yellow roses, of course,) and he has left a beautiful bouquet of memories!
In times of tears, I will remember his laughter and the twinkle in his eyes!
In times of sadness, I will remember his wonderful smile!
In times when I feel the loneliness, I will think of all the times I shared with him.
Yes, and I’ll have these loving memories forever!
Happiness For A Reason Reasons:
1.    Daddy is safe in the arms of Jesus.          

2.    I realize now, how much yesterday was a gift!

3.    A father who left me a wonderful legacy.         

4.    A father who taught me to love the Lord.

5.    A father who lived what he preached!

No comments:

Post a Comment