Sunday, October 30, 2011

October 29


October 29, 2011 ~
Happy Sabbath! I don’t believe there is a much better way to spend it, then to be out in God’s awesome creation. Today, our destination was Avalanche Lake in Glacier National Park. As we hiked along the creek bed and waterfalls, all my stress melted away. I never realized what a treat awaited me around the bend. Ron’s voice calling to me, made me hurry along. Quite an awesome site soon came into view. We were standing along the lake shore at the bottom of the bowl. Just standing there in the quiet, made my spirit soar in gratitude towards my creator God! I feel so close to Him here, I just want to sing!
After the hike to Avalanche Lake, we had time for a drive north to Polebridge before the sun went down. What a treat we had in store for us!
Happy For A Reason Reasons:
1.       A wonderful hiking partner!
2.       Cameras! Digital Cameras! No need to worry about the cost of film!
3.       Glacier National Park!
4.       Friendly people as we hike along.
5.       A God who created such awesome beauty for our enjoyment!
Avalanch Lake














Getting yet another picture!



Looking across the lake at the area that burned September 2003, the year we had tried to visit Glacier..... but all you could see was smoke!
















No comments:

Post a Comment