Wednesday, November 30, 2011

November 11



November 11, 2011 ~
"Better by far you should forget and smile, than that you should remember and be sad" ~Christina Rossetti
Life can be tough at times! When those times come and the road is rough and bumpy, I feel the need for a bit of joy in my life! Turning to the Bible I read instructions on how to live my life and warnings how not to live. But there is something there, as well, that I often need to be reminded of. The Bible also tells me I need to enjoy life a bit! As I read, I realize that God does not  mean for me to be sowrrowful, depressed,  and of a melancholy spirit all the time. Nor, does he mean for me to be overserious. No there are plenty of examples that tell me I need to look for the joy in life and get out and have a little fun! Here I will start my Happy Reasons with what I call my “happy” Bible verses to add a bit of sunshine to what could otherwise be a very gloomy day! I bet if I keep looking I can find more than five, but that is a good place to start!
Happy For A Reason Reasons:

1.       “You have filled my heart with greater joy than when their grain and new wine abound.” ~Psalm 4:7
2.       “But I trust in Your unfailing love: my heart rejoices in Your salvation.” ~Psalm 13:5
3.       “Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth. Worship the Lord with gladness;come before Him with joyful songs.” ~Psalm 100:1-2
4.       “Then the Lord God provided a vine and made it grow up over jonah to give shade for his head to ease his discomfort, and Jonah was very happy.” ~Jonah 4:6
5.       “You will go out in joy and be lead forth in peace; the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands.” ~Isaiah 55:12, NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment