Wednesday, November 30, 2011

November 27


November 27, 2011 ~ 

Thanksgiving is past and Christmas is coming. There are so many reminders this time of year to give thanks! Is Giving thanks just for holidays? I don’t think so. Giving thanks is something I can do each and every day of the year.  What if I stopped every day and took inventory of all the blessings that God has bestowed on me?  

 This year, particularly the last two months, I have come to an even greater realization that I cannot take for granted all that is around me, be it my work, my possession, family, or friends. One day I may have them and the next I may not. So as long as God has placed them in my life I want to give thanks. I’m not just grateful for what I have, but I am grateful to God for what I have! Especially for each and every moment I can share with those I love!  

Sometimes I need reminded of the fact is that God is the one “from whom all blessings come.” Maybe I need to sing the song I learned as a child, more often!  

“Praise God, from Whom all blessings flow;
Praise Him, all creatures here below;
Praise Him above, ye heav’nly host;
Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.”
 

I believe that living a grateful life makes for a happy life!
 
Happy For A Reason Reasons:
1.      The benefits God has given me when I practice living a grateful life! Happiness makes life so much more enjoyable!
2.     The memories of special times spent with family and friends. Yes, a precious gift from God that can’t be taken from me!
3.     God has given me a home in the country, away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
4.     God didn’t just give me a home in the country, away from the hustle and bustle of the city, but along with it He gave me wonderful neighbors!
5.     God has blessed me! For this and more I am thankful and will always praise His name!

No comments:

Post a Comment