Wednesday, November 30, 2011

November 20


November 20, 2012 ~

 “The precepts of the Lord are right, giving joy to the heart. The commands of the Lord are radiant, giving light to the eyes.” ~Psalm 19:8

A little more than a month left in the year. In spite of the ugly things that life has thrown out at me, I still believe that I have more reasons than I can number, to be happy! These happy reasons have helped me continue living a joyful life by embracing happiness in the midst of my ordinary and sometimes not so ordinary life. God so graciously fills me with hope, strength and joy as I carry out the responsibilities that He has given me to do each day.

His Word is such an encouragement to me. It is full of many examples of how he wants me to be happy and full of joy. I want God to shine through me with a beauty that brings honor and glory to Him, and thinking about these verses, helps me keep that goal in focus.

Happy For A Reason Reasons:
1.       “Obey your leaders and submit to their authority. They keep watch over you as men who must give an account. Obey them so that their work will be a joy, not a burden, for that would be no advantage to you.” ~Hebrews 13:17 Now this one really gets me thinking. If I can make the life of my boss easier, by doing what she asks, I can make her work a joy, instead of a burden and I will reap the benefits of having a happy boss.  Sounds like a double blessing to me!
2.      “We will shout for joy when you are victorious and will lift up our banners in the name of our God. May the Lord grant all your requests” ~Psalm 20:5
3.      “In Him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in His holy name.” ~Psalm 33:21
4.      “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” ~John 16:33
5.      “But rejoice that you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when His glory is revealed.” ~1 Peter 4:13  Oh, yes, the promise of a better day, and that will be for eternity!

No comments:

Post a Comment