Wednesday, November 30, 2011

November 13


November 13, 2011 ~

“So you are no longer a slave but a son, and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.” ~Galatians 4:7, NKJV

There is a story told about a new Christian who was very discouraged because no matter how much he would pray and no matter how hard he would try, he simply could not seem to be do what was right. He thought he was losing his salvation. He went to talk with a Chinese Christian Watchman Nee. Upon hearing his dilemma, watchman Nee said, “Do you see this dog here? He is my dog. He is house-trained; he never makes a mess; he is obedient; he is a pure delight to me. Out in the kitchen I have a son, a baby son. He makes a mess, he throws his food around, he fouls his clothes, he is a total mess. But who is going to inherit my kingdom? Not my dog; my son is my heir. You are Jesus Christ’s heir because it is for you that He died.” ~Adapted from Lou Nicholes, Hebrews: Patterns for Living (Longwood, Fla.: Xulon Press, 2004), p. 31
Praise the Lord, I don’t have to be a slave to sin anymore! No, I am an heir to the Kingdom, and it is my  privelage to live and act as an heir, with all the rights and privileges that come along with it! As a mother and father work with their young child, so God works with me!  I don’t need to become discouraged and loose my way. He promises I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.Philippians 4:13, NKJV His promises are sure!
Happy For A Reason Reasons:
1.       I’m an heir to the Kingdom!
2.       Philippians 4:13!
3.       Alissa came over to work with me on special projects!
4.       Andrew came over for supper!
5.       Fun time just “hanging out” as they say with Alissa and Andrew!


No comments:

Post a Comment