Thursday, September 29, 2011

September 24

September 24, 2011 ~



“For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” ~Romans 8:38-39, NIV

An early morning phone call for help, got me awake, moving and out of the house early. As I was driving down the road, to help someone, there was a fog that made it difficult to see things clearly. I proceed to my destination and was struck by the many things that I see, even in the fog. It was as if someone was trying to hide everything from my view, yet, I could still see little glimpse of what was hidden in the fog. After helping someone, getting home, and having breakfast, Ron and I were off to Mount Rainer, only to find the fog and clouds trying to do the same thing again. No matter whether I can see it or not, the awesome beauty is still there. So it is with the love of God! As I jotted down my notes for this post, while I traveled along, I noticed that the pen I was using had a text on it. It was none other than Romans 8:38-39! I think God wants me to remember this one! Here is where I’ll start my reasons for being happy!

Happy For A Reason Reasons:
1. The fog which reminded me that there really is nothing that can separate me from the love of God!
2. The lone sunflower that was blooming along the side of the road. Planted there by a bird, no doubt. One more little surprise that reminds me of God’s love!
3. The white and yellow lines along the road, showing me this is the way, just as God’s Word does for me.
4. Sign posts along the road and stop lights shining through the fog warning me of what is ahead.
5. We made it to the East side of Mount Rainer! Hiked six miles. Awesome beauty!

Yes, all along the journey of life, God has little things that show me He loves and cares for me. There is nothing that can separate me from Him. Not even myself. I can choose to separate physically, mentally and spiritually, but God keeps on loving me anyway. He is always there no matter what.
Rainer National Park here we come!


It is going to be a long wait...45 minutes to be exact, but worth the wait!

Getting ready for the hike!


Which trail shall we take?
We did this one twenty years ago...on the way back down, Peter was asleep in Ron's arms. Everyone commented about the "little tuckered out hiker." What they didn't know was he had not hiked any of the trail. He'd been awake nearly all night, in the car with Mom, who never slept either. But there was no one to carry me. ...we choose a different trail this time! (I wonder if I can find the pictures from twenty years ago?...if I do I'll have to post one or two!)
If you look real hard, you can see Mount Baker!


It is getting stormy! The wind is blowing..... not bad enough to call it quits as of yet!

Ron hiking the rocky stretch...



Looking back...

A furry friend...








They even provide the comforts of home at Shadow Lake!


Huge Mosquitoes!!!




Sunset is coming!


No comments:

Post a Comment