Thursday, September 29, 2011

September 26

September 26, 2011 ~

“Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will be joyful in God my Savior.” ~Habakkuk 3:17-18

This has been one of those days when I seem to never get anything done, no matter how hard I try. Unsettling phone calls have not helped. I must admit I was not practicing my own medicine, but was forgetting to find something to be happy about in whatever situation I find myself in. As I was wallowing in my own pity party a bird flew by my window and into the strawberry patch. It could my attention and I thought it was a female Western Blue Bird. When, sure enough, here came her mate! I had to call my Dad and tell him! I saw the birds several more times throughout the day, even on my mile walk! There were actually several pairs singing to me from the telephone wires as I walked along.

Happy For A Reason Reasons:
1. The ability to choose to become better rather than bitter!
2. A God who created a variety of different birds for my enjoyment!
3. The beautiful Western Blue Bird!
4. The opportunity to see several Western Blue Birds at one time and hear them singing their evening songs!
5. I could share my experience with my Dad who also enjoys bird watching!

No comments:

Post a Comment