Friday, April 15, 2011

April 11

April 11, 2011~
Today as I was dreaming, I’d hear different sounds of wind against the back of the house, then rain hitting the window, sleet hitting the roof, and then a softer sound at one point. I thought that must be snow. Then the battle in my mind began. I knew I better not open my eyes or I’d never get back to sleep today, and that would not be a good plan since I have to work tonight. Yet, I love watching the snow fall. My better judgment won out this time and I was able to get a couple more hours of sleep. When I got up, Ron told me all about the strange weather we’d been having. It really wasn’t in my dreams.  This little battle that went on in my mind reminds me of a bigger battle that goes on inside all of us. Here is a little story that tells it well:
     One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people. He said, "My son, the battle is between 2 "wolves" inside us all.
     "One is Evil. It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego."
      "The other is good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith."
      The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: "Which wolf wins?"
The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed." ~Cherokee Indian, source unknown
It is my choice today, to do all I can to feed joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith.
Happy For a Reason reason’s:
1.    I got the sleep I needed!
2.    Good hearing, though at times when I need my sleep I wouldn’t mind if it wasn’t quite so good.
3.    I actually like the sounds of rain, snow, and wind (with-in reason.)
4.    A peek of sunshine this afternoon.
5.    Only two nights to go! Five days off here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment