Monday, April 18, 2011

April 18

April 18, 2011 ~

This morning I was studying about Jacob’s family. What a dysfunctional family it was with its favoritism, multiple wives, strife, manipulation, deceit, and on it goes. You can read about it in Genesis 36 and 37.
In reading the story, it is clear to me why his sons, however inexcusable, had major issues and treated Joseph, among others, terrible. Knowing the background helps me better understand what led them to do the things they did.
As I think about it, I have to ask myself am I any different? I, like everyone, am to some degree trapped in my own circumstances. Things happen that are beyond my control. So my question is, how do I respond to those circumstances? After all they weren’t my fault. Do I let them control me? Do I let them dominate my thoughts and actions to the point that I compromise principle, or do I allow my principles to guide me through my circumstances, both past and present?
Dear Lord, I turn to you. May I be like Joseph who turned to You, the God of His father’s, to lead and guide him even when bad things happened to him that were out of his control. As he determined in his heart to follow You and stand for Your principles, I do, too.
Happy For A Reason reason’s:
1.      God can bring good out of difficult, not to mention horrible situations.
“And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.” ~Romans 8:28

2.      A fun little excursion to one of my favorite stores, REI!
3.      And right next door to REI, is another favorite, Whole Foods! They had purple asparagus! I have never tried it, that is about to change!
4.      One and a half boxes in the green house cleaned out and ready to plant!
5.      The sun is really shining!

No comments:

Post a Comment