Sunday, April 10, 2011

April 8

April 8, 2011~

The warmth of the sun on my legs, as it streams through the window, feels so good and relaxing. I put my head back and gaze out the window towards Mt. Hood, and see two little birds setting on the fence near the bird house. Suddenly, I notice another bird swooping downward in a glide that only a swallow can do. It is then that I realize, it is the swallows, they are back for the summer! So, I wonder, why did we have snow on the ground yesterday morning? Now as I watch, I notice there are quite a few birds swooping up and down through the air, in every direction. A sure sign that summer is around the corner.  Another sure sign, the grass is rapidly growing, especially noticeable when you don’t have a working lawn mower! Ours is in for its yearly tune up, and we should have it back next week. Everyone else wanted their lawn mower repaired the same time as us!
The tractor gets a tune up each year to stay in good working order, but, how about me?
I actually need one much more often! Like every day! Yes, at the beginning of each and every day.

Happy For A Reason reason’s:
1.    Time each day to get my tune up with God!
2.    Warm sunshine streaming through my living room windows.
3.    Time to watch the birds.
4.    I had a great time learning at the facilitators training seminar for the Full Plate Diet program.
5.    Time for some rest before going off to work. Yes, I’m starting my 5 day stretch again.

"It is one of the most beautiful compensations of this life that no man can sincerely try to help another without helping himself."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments:

Post a Comment