Wednesday, April 6, 2011

April 6


April 6, 2011~

How about a recipe for how to cook your phone? Well, the way to start is to marinate it in freshly made Ketchup! I know, it works well…

This morning I was going about my normal morning routine, but before breakfast I made some homemade ketchup for the hash browns we were going to be having for breakfast. I ate breakfast with Ron. Towards the end of breakfast, my sister called so I talked to her a few minutes and then I put my cell phone down. Ron and I had some things to talk about so I picked up what I was doing and took it into the room where he was working so we could talk. When finished I went back to the dining room to clear the table and could not believe my eyes! My cell phone was in the freshly made Ketchup! I’d made it fresh this morning and had not put it in a Ketchup container. There, half submerged in Ketchup floated my cell phone! Those who know me, can probably hear me now! “Oh, No!” How it got there I am not sure; did it fall out of my pocket when I picked up my sweater, or did I put it there? Oh, my, whatever the case may be, there it was. I got it out and tried to clean it up and dry it out.  Oh, my you wouldn’t believe what you have to do to get ketchup out of the tiny little holes in a cell phone. Then I made my first call, would it work? Yes, my mother answered and I could hear her, though it was a bit softer than usual. I believe the plastic case that was around it saved the day!  Hmmm…. My phone would probably be ruined if I hadn’t of had the plastic covering. This got me to thinking about the Armor of God. When rightly applied to our lives, the Armor of God protects us from all kinds of danger!

The Armor of God

 10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.”   ~ Ephesians 6:10-17

Yes, putting on God’s armor will bring victory because it is far more than just a protective covering, like my plastic cell phone cover. It is the very life of Jesus Himself living in me. When I put on the armor of God, He becomes my shelter in the storms of life, I can count on Him for victory because He will cover me with His shield and Fill me with His life. And unlike my cell phone cover, there will be no leakage!  And now for my happy for a reason reason’s…..
Happy For A Reason reason’s:
1.       God’s belt of truth. It shows me the truth about God, His plans and His ways. He is the creater of everything, the King of the universe, my Father  and my  Shepherd. He gives me wisdom, hope and strength to go on each day.
2.       The breastplate of righteousness. It shows me the truth about me! If left to myself, I will never be good enough to earn my salvation. It is only by accepting the gift of Jesus’ righteousness that I have the hope of Salvation.
3.       The sandals of peace. Oh, the joy of the peace that the Armor of God gives me when I trust and follow His ways!
4.       The shield of faith. Yes, I press on with the shield of faith and believe every promise in God’s Word. He helps this faith grow as He shows me more about Himself each day.
5.       The helmet of salvation. He promises to be with me and is my salvation, in today’s battles as well as for eternity.

And for today I must add one more reason for it is the most powerful weapon of all!

6.       The Sword of the Spirit, the Word of God. Yes, the most powerful weapon of all. When put to memory and meditated on it helps me to cut through the duplicity of Satan and gain the victory over the battles I must face in my journey through life. No matter how many times Satan tries to harm and deceive, he is unable fight against the Sword of the Spirit.

And for a bonus….check out the ketchup recipe on my recipe page!
~BIG SMILE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment