Wednesday, April 27, 2011

April 25

April 25, 2011~

Wow, do I have a list of things to be happy for! It all started when we were about two miles from home.  Ron said, “Look over there!  It looks like it is raining good and hard!” Now, I wouldn’t think much about it but, the over there, was about the area where we live. Sure enough, we get near the last section of “twisty turns,” as my kids always called them, and the rain let loose! It was as if we hit a wall of water. Then there was hail mixed in and to top it off, it was being blown sideways! The thought of having to get out and open the gate was not a welcome thought. But it could have been worse…I could have been without a coat!

Happy For A Reason reason’s:
1.      My car! Walking in this weather would not have been fun!                                           
2.      My coat!
3.      The coat I choose to take with me had a hood!
4.      Ron took my things in the house so I didn’t have to go back to the car to get them.
5.      Change of clothes! Even though I was out in the rain less than two minutes, I still got wet and cold enough to need a changed rather than stay damp. This reminds me of the different garments that are mentioned in the Bible. The one that really stands out in my mind right now is my need for wearing Christ’s Robe of righteousness! It is a free gift from Him to me! Yes, I can come to Him as I am, downcast, soaked through to the skin, and dripping wet because my own “coat” does me no good. He is standing there, holding out His Rob of Righteousness for me. When I accept it, it is dry, warm, and fits just perfectly!

No comments:

Post a Comment