Sunday, April 24, 2011

April 24

April 24, 2011 ~

Feelings of happy, sad, contemplative, inadequate, amazed, appreciative, extremely grateful have all passed through me today. I miss my kids today, but have so many memories of years gone by when they were wanting to know how long before we have our treasure hunt? Dad would finally say, “OK, everyone to their rooms and blinds drawn!” Out he’d go to hide the clues that would lead to the treasure! All clues lead to another and always had something to do with Jesus and the resurrection. A few times we did it by compass readings.  It was fun watching them run through the fields this way and that searching where they thought the clues were leading.  Now as I think about those “little” treasures, I think of a much more important treasure and hope and pray that each one will truly search for it, and when they find it, make it their own!

“Yes, if you cry out for discernment, and lift up your voice for understanding, if you seek her as silver, and search for her as for hidden treasures; Then you will understand the fear (love) of the Lord, and find the knowledge of God.” ~ Proverbs 2:3-5

“so that they should seek the Lord, in the hope that they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us;” ~ Acts 17:27


Happy For A Reason reason’s:
1.    Fun and happy memories of days gone by.
2.    Feelings! What would life be like if we didn’t have feelings and emotions?
3.    Treasures! Each day is a treasure… May I not waist one moment of it!
4.    The rainbows I have seen today! Of course I left my camera at home, but it is forever etched in my memory! Rainbows are a gift from heaven where one is around God’s throne.
5.    The greatest treasure of all, A risen Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ!

2 comments:

  1. Love you Mom...I miss you and Dad to! BTW, any plans for hiking soon??

    ReplyDelete
  2. We still live in the same place and have the same phone numbers! :) ...Remember Tom, Dick and Harry Ridge? We hiked there today, watch for my update for July 9! It was beautiful! We saw 6 mountain tops!

    ReplyDelete