Wednesday, April 20, 2011

April 20


April 20, 2011 ~

Yeah!!!! The part for the John Deer riding mower arrived this afternoon! It will be repaired tomorrow and be delivered back home no later than Friday! What an experience mowing damp grass that is a foot tall in some places, with an old push mower that we usually only use for under the trees, and a few hard to get places. I do have to admit that it has been good exercise, but I won’t cry when I have to get my exercise another way!

Happy For A Reason reason’s:
1.   The spindle for the riding mower has arrived!
2.   The work-out I got while mowing the grass! I just counted all the verses in the Bible that talk about grass. There are 56, if I counted correctly.
3.   Gloves! Less blisters that way.
4.   No rain today! It would have made mowing much more difficult, no, impossible!
5.   All grape vines that I pruned are picked up, stacked, and ready to burn!  What a job this has been! Now I understand John 15, where Jesus is talking about the vinedresser pruning the branches that don’t bear much fruit.


“I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit.” John 15:2


File:ConcordGrapes.jpg
Ahh.... This is what I hope for in the fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment