Wednesday, May 18, 2011

May 10

May 10, 2011~
I live 35 miles from work, over half of those miles are on country roads. I wonder how long it would have taken me to travel it 100 years ago?  {GOOGLE} Let me see. In the  1920’s I just might have had a touring car, if I was wealthy, or a horse and buggy if I wasn’t so wealthy.  The speed might be 25 mph, not counting going up the many hills and twisty turns. What about gas mileage? Oh, boy, a whole 10 – 12 miles per gallon! Ah, I think I have a great place to start my Happy For A Reason reasons.
Happy For A Reason reasons:
1.       No horse and buggy transportation! This could be fun with the horse and all, but I’d never be able to live out in the country where I do and make it to work on time each night! Guess I’d have to spend 5 days in town rather than coming home each day.
2.       Paved Roads! Smoother ride and much less dust!
3.       Highways! Once I hit the highway, with the higher speed limit, I am almost there!
4.       A Car that travels 55 mph plus!
5.       A vehicle with gas mileage of better than 25 miles per gallon! With the cost at nearly $4.00 per gallon, I’ll take it over 10-12 mph!
“Lord, I don’t ask for a faith that would move yonder mountain. I can take enough dynamite and move it, if it needs movin’. I pray Lord, for enough faith to move me.” ~Author unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment