Tuesday, May 31, 2011

May 26

May 26, 2011 ~
Yesterday, the song There Is Sunshine In My Soul Today was playing over and over in my mind. One of the things I like to do is find out who wrote songs and the story behind their inspiration. So today, I searched to find the story behind this happy, uplifting song.
There Is Sunshine In My Soul Today, was written by Eliza Hewitt. She was a school teacher that taught in an Orphanage school for children who had lost their parents. At the age of 35, she was struck with a slate, by an unruly student, severely injuring her back. She was put in a cast for six months. When the cast was finally removed she was told to take a short walk in a nearby park. While she walked through the park, she was overcome with joy and happiness that she could walk again and wrote this poem.

Happy For A Reason reason’s:
1.      Behind the scene stories.
2.      Sharing with another mom, mom to mom. What she shared encouraged me and what I shared encouraged her!
3.      Most of all a God who is in control!
4.      Traffic going my way wasn’t too bad! The other direction was a different story and I was able to make it to the office so I could pick up important papers before the office closed! Barely, but barely works!
5.      Only one more day before taking time off and heading to Mount Rainer with Ron for our twenty-seventh anniversary!

No comments:

Post a Comment