Wednesday, May 18, 2011

May 12

May 12, 2011 ~
What a pretty day this has been. The temperature has been perfect, at least from my perspective, the birds are happily singing and I think I will join them!
This morning, as I was studying my Bible lesson, it talked about eagles and God’s lovingkindness. “Because You have been my help, therefore in the shadow of Your wings I will rejoice.” Psalm 63:7    Under God’s wings I can find loving kindness, mercy, and shelter, just as the eaglets find safety and shelter under the wings of the great eagle. The eagle’s wings are very strong and can reach 9 feet wide or so. As a father eagle teaches an eaglet to fly, he carries it on his back up to a great height. Then he tips his wings, and the eaglet begins to fall earthward, flapping its little wings, and tumbling. Before the eaglet hits the ground, the father eagle swoops down underneath him and catches the eaglet on his wings, lifting it back up again! Like the eaglet, no matter how far I fall, God flies faster than my fall. He uses my fall to teach me to fly. And each fall draws me closer to my all powerful God. Yes, after He catches me I am closer still than I was before he caught me as I fell.     
“But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.” Isaiah 40:31
Happy For A Reason reasons:
1.       Lessons from eagles!
2.       Lovely time at lunch with my dear friend Gerri.
3.       Cell phones! I couldn’t raise Clarissa today when I was knocking at her door so went to do another errand and head home if she didn’t call…. She called right before I was ready to leave town! So I headed back to her place. (Oh, the joys of being a night worker!)
4.       Could help Clarissa straighten her hair.
5.       One gorgeous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment