Sunday, May 15, 2011

May 9

May 9, 2011 ~
“IF I put my own happiness before the well being of the work entrusted to me: IF, though I have this ministry and have received much mercy, I faint; Then I know nothing of Calvary Love.” ~Amy Carmichael
As I read this quote, Galatians 6:9 comes to my mind. “And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.” Yes, in God’s perfect timing. Sometimes it becomes easiest to focus on the negative and want things done our own way, in our own timing. Many a time, because of this we limit God because we give up too soon. Just the reminder I needed today, since it has been a day of adjusting to the idea of change in different areas of my life
Happy  For A Reason reasons:
1.       The trees are finally showing more leaves! It has been a slow process this spring.
“And He shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb. In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations…” Revelation 22:1-3

2.       The air I breath!
“Won’t you ever stop blowing hot air? What makes you keep talking?” Job 16:3 NLT  hmm…something to think about.

3.       Water to drink!
“but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life.” ~John 4:14, NKJV

4.       Good food to eat,
“The Lord upholds all who fall, and raises up all who are bowed down. The eyes of all look expectantly to You, And You give them their food in due season. You open Your hand and satisfy the desire of every living thing.” Psalm 145:14-16, NKJV

5.       Clothes to wear.
“Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not more clothe you, O you of little faith?” ~Matthew 6:30

No comments:

Post a Comment