Friday, May 6, 2011

May 2

May 2, 2011 ~
Oh, I did, I did
Ski too long at Teacup Lake,
Now my face does glow!

I was too awed,
With the beauty I saw,
To apply sunscreen.

Add great company,
And I have a recipe:
Blistering sunburn!

So consider this
When the sun reflects on snow,
You may want sunscreen!
~Haiku Poetry by Barbara
I now am experiencing the not so fun side of not thinking about how long I would be out skiing, and the fact that the sun was reflecting off the snow. It isn’t much different than when you are in water on a sunny day. The snow makes the possibility of getting burned much greater! Now what can I learn from this … besides the obvious to wear sunscreen? Hmmm… What about God’s Word? There are so many things that He tells us to make our lives easier, so many warnings. The warnings are there so we won’t get “burned!”  But, many times, like when I was on the mountain skiing, I push aside the warning and continue on only to get burned!
I think it is time to take seriously the warning! Sunscreen please!
Happy For A Reason reason’s:
1.       I can learn from my crazy mistakes! At least my face shouldn’t be too cold today!
2.       Got a message that La’Quon’s school has electricity, water and phones up and running! They were out of electricity and phones for 5 days. Not sure how long the water was out. But I am sure as soon as we can get through we’ll hear all about the adventure.  It may take awhile since all the parents want to get a chance to talk to their boys!
3.       Another variety of bird in our fruit tree. I haven’t figured out what kind yet. It is very tiny and getting nectar out of the blossoms on the tree. Not a humming bird, either.
4.       I had a nice quiet morning. Extra special time that I was able to have during my worship time this morning.
5.        While doing chores around the house I was able to work on my Bible memory project for the Wednesday night Bible study. I got it almost all memorized!
And this will be the day I always remember that…..
I was only one
Sunscreen application short
Of a bad sunburn!

No comments:

Post a Comment