Tuesday, May 31, 2011

May 23

May 23, 2011 ~
This morning, after working all night, I realized it was one of those days that I better get some sleep before heading home! Good idea! After sleeping for three  hours, I was ready to head home and get some more sleep!  This has me thinking about verses in the Bible that have to do with sleep, rest, tiredness, and being weary. So I thought I’d share some verses that I found that are encouraging, relaxing, uplifting and most of all help me find REST in God when my heart is tired and weary.
“Come to me, all you who are weary and  burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.” ~Matthew 11:28
“My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.” ~Exodus 33:14
“My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.”       ~Psalm 73:26
“My soul finds rest in God alone: my salvation comes from Him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; He is my fortress, I will never be shaken.” ~ Psalm 62:1-2
Happy For A Reason reason’s:
1.       I think all these verses are a great reason to be happy! Wonderful promises!
2.       Being able to get a little rest before heading home this morning.
3.       Sheba came back after running out the gate and exploring for five minutes. Yes, that is a good thing… she usually takes much longer and finds very unpleasant things to roll in, so I believe I was blessed this morning!
4.       As I see the Scotch Broom in full bloom, I again realize that the rain is a good thing, the pollen count is staying down and I can breath much easier than most springs! It doesn’t look like I’ll have my normal laryngitis this year on my anniversary!
5.       Aww… More much needed rest, especially the rest I find in God alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment