Thursday, May 26, 2011

May 20


May 20, 2011
“Take My yoke upon you, and learn of me… and ye shall find rest unto your souls.” ~Matthew 11:29
I needed to read this verse today! Today is a day that I have needed  to put in to action the knowledge I have on choices. After a wakeup call that was not the most encouraging, I have been struggling with thinking about the negative things that I have no power to change. It is someone else that has to chose to change. But I don’t have to take ownership of those thoughts, I can choose to think about other things. So as I took a walk, I looked around, and thought about what I was seeing, and feeling.  This is where I will start my Happy For A Reason reasons.
Happy For A Reason reasons:
1.       The weather is delightful and the skies are clear as I look towards the snow capped Mt. Hood. The covering of white snow on the mountain reminds me of what Christ did for me. Because He lived a perfect life and died for me, His blood covers my sins just as the snow covers Mt. Hood.

2.       The fir trees. Their branches are reaching up towards heaven.  I need to keep looking up  to Heaven “from whence cometh my help.”  Psalms 121:1-2 “I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the Lord which made heaven and earth.

3.       The road sign…SOFT SHOULDERS. Well, If I go off on the “soft shoulders” I am going to get stuck and then my strength to carry on will be exhausted and I am more likely to give up. “But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.” Isaiah 40:31 So, no walking on soft shoulders!

4.       I noticed that the trees on the Christmas tree farm across the lane had a lot of new growth. On the ground around each tree was the trimmings the workers had left after pruning recently. Trimming and shaping can be painful, but it is necessary for the full beauty to be realized. “He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful.” ~John 15:2
5.       The yellow Dandelions brought my attention to the yellow sun and the warmth I was feeling as it was shining on my back! Immediately I thought about the love of God. His love shines down on me, and fills me to over flowing! He gave everything for me. “For God so loved the World “Barbara” that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes on Him should not parish but have everlasting life.” Praise be to God!


No comments:

Post a Comment