Tuesday, May 31, 2011

May 24

May 24, 2011 ~

Here are a few more verses that are of encouragement to me on those days when I am weary and in need of rest and encouragement.

Psalm 61:1
“Hear my cry, O God; listen to my prayer. From the ends of the earth I call to you, I call as my heart grows faint; lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For you have been my refuge, a strong tower against the foe. I long to dwell in your tent forever and take refuge in the shelter of your wings.”

Isaiah 40:28- 31
“Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.”

Hebrews 4:16
“For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who in every respect has been tested as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore approach the throne of grace with boldness, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.”

Psalm 127: 1-2
“Unless the Lord builds the house, those who build it labor in vain. Unless the Lord guards the city, the guard keeps watch in vain. It is in vain that you rise up early and go late to rest, eating the bread of anxious toil; for he gives sleep to his beloved.”
 Last night I drove to work in the pouring rain. The next six hours of the night went by very quickly. When it was time to head home, I fully expected to go out and experience another cold, grey and rainy day. I headed for the time clock to check out, and as I went by the ambulance bay sliding doors, I saw sunshine streaming through the windows! Wow, talk about energize! That is what thinking about the love of Jesus does to me as well!

Happy For A Reason reason’s:
1.      More precious promises!
2.      Sunshine when I least expected it!
3.      Smiling paramedics!
4.      Smiling patients!
5.      Smiling coworkers!

No comments:

Post a Comment