Friday, May 6, 2011

May 4

May 4, 2011 ~
Last week we got our riding mower back from the shop. When I started mowing, it cut very uneven. Our yard looked like sculptured waves of green grass.  We had to get it mowed because the grass was already a foot high.  After getting it mowed, we called the shop back. They came and got the mower and fixed it for no charge. It arrived back home around noon today. After lunch I got busy and started mowing. I thought, oh man, this isn’t working like it should. It would start to stall out anytime I went where the grass was a little thicker or taller. I wasn’t feeling too happy about it. I thought I am not having them fix it again. I think I’ll find another shop.  About the time I was two-thirds done I looked at the throttle and realized that it was not getting the full throttle! No wonder it was trying to stall out. I had to laugh at myself! Life is like that as well. I don’t want to stall out.  I have one life to live; I want to do my utmost to give my all.  I can sit back, or idle away, saying, “I’ve done enough, I’ll wait until later.” But that won’t be my finest or my best. No I must not let up and stop to rest until I have given it all my power.  Every day brings new challenges and duties to do both great and small.  Each day I plan, with God’s help, to go ahead, full throttle and get each one done.  I hope I can leave smiles along the way.
“Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might” ~ Ecclesiastes 9:10
Happy For A Reason reasons:
1.       The warmest, most beautiful sunshiny day this year!
2.       We got the mower back, once again! It really works this time! (Of course the throttle must be all the way up before mowing!)
3.       A surprise! When I went out to mow the grass out on the lane, it was done!
4.       A sweet little neighbor boy who was helping his mother mow, suggested that they mow it for Barbara, because she needs it done!
5.       I enjoyed a good Bible Study tonight. And to think I almost didn’t go because I was going to be late. 

No comments:

Post a Comment