Wednesday, May 4, 2011

May 1



May 1, 2011 ~
Magnolia Warbler! To my knowledge I have never seen one of these birds before today. As Ron and I were setting on the couch, just before sunset, he flew into the apple tree. It took us awhile to figure out what he was, but there just was no other match! When I look at all the different varieties of birds that God has created for us to enjoy, I smile in awe. What a wonderful and awesome creator God!
This has been a busy weekend. Yesterday we visited with special friends we have not seen for a long time. We also walked two miles on the Columbia River path with Alissa.  While we were traveling from one place to another I was able to touch base with the staff a La’Quon’s school. He and all the other students and staff are safe. They did have four tornados touch down on the school grounds but no structural damage or physical damage was done. They are without phones, electricity and running water. They have started cleaning up the grounds around the school and are finding parts of houses, mobile homes, family photo albums and other personal belongings of people from who knows where. But thankfully everyone is safe, though they have no electricity or phones.
Today, I went up on Mt. Hood with Ron, Juanita, and Derrick. Of course it was to cross country ski! Derrick had never been. I think he just might be sold on it! The company and the weather were delightful! No need for ski clothing, as far as the weather was concerned. It was only needed for protection when you ended up falling down, which I did a time or two, or three!
I packed great looking apples in our lunches, and Derrick got the apple that was rotten at the core. There was a blessing in that which is where I’ll start my Happy For A Reason reason’s.
Happy For A Reason reason’s:
1.       Delicious Fugi apples…well, all but one. And that one provided a very special treat for the birds! It also reminds me that there are many things in life that appear just fine, but when you get involved,  you realize they are rotten at the core, if you continue you could become rotten to the core as well.
2.       Fun memories made today on the mountain cross country skiing.
3.       The awesome beauty of Mt. Hood.
4.       Wonderful news that La’Quon and everyone at his school are safe and sound! Considering the scope of the damage all around them, this is a very special blessing!
5.       Magnolia Warbler!  Now I am going to try to found out what their song sounds like. Then I can identify them by their call songs as well!


Dad using the map to figure out which way to go.

Lunch for the birds!



Having fun! Two on one set of skiis just doesn't work to well!
Lunch time photo's....
guess who....
                     ...and since I have the camara....no lunch time photo of me!  Hehehe....
Back on the trail!


Derrick off the trail above and Juanita off the trail below.... should I post the outcomes?

No comments:

Post a Comment