Saturday, December 3, 2011

December 1


December 1, 2011 ~
“There the angel of the Lord appeared to him in flames of fire from within a bush. Moses saw that though the bush was on fire it did not burn up. So Moses thought, ‘I will go over and see this strange sight—why the bush does not burn up.’ When the Lord saw that he had gone over to look, God called to him from within the bush, ‘Moses, Moses!’ and Moses said, ‘Here I am.’” ~Exodus 3:2-4

This morning I read a devotional about Moses and the burning bush. What a strange sight. I am sure if I saw a blazing bush that glows like fire, I would be drawn to it as well. Then as I come near the bush, and hear the voice of God coming out of the bush, I’d be more than a little startled and amazed. Some people might think about memorializing the bush, keeping a branch of it, or something like that. We have no record of Moses doing that. I really don’t think that “the” bush is what is important. What is important is that God used that particular bush!
The story of the burning bush is a wonderful example of a Bible truth: Jesus wants to use me. What a privilege for Christ to use me, the hope and the glory! “To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of the Glory” ~Colossians 1:27.  Like he set the bush in the wilderness ablaze, He can set my life ablaze by filling me with His spirit. He empowers me! It doesn’t matter whether I have the skills needed or not, talent or no talent. It doesn’t matter, what matters is that He chooses me and lives in me! Yes, “Christ in me, the hope of the glory.” Lord, as the bush burned for you, so may my life burn for You as You shine through me.
Let me shine, let me shine, let me shine!
Happiness For A Reason Reasons:
1.       God’s perfect timing even in leading me to the right devotion for the day!
2.       Outing with Judy today! We enjoyed the Bodyworks exhibit. It took us two hours to go through. Fascinating! I could not take pictures in the exhibit hall, but I did take pictures of the pictures in the paper they handed out.
3.       Judy wasn’t in the accident that caused her to be late, taking her 1 ½ hours instead of 30 minutes.
4.       I could walk along the river path while waiting for Judy to come. Check out the pictures below.
5.       A humming bird in the tree alongside the river! I’d think it was way too cold for him.

















No comments:

Post a Comment