Sunday, December 11, 2011

December 10

December 10, 2011 ~
Turning my chair towards the windows looking to the west early in the morning, I had a clear view of the full moon. I was ready for the lunar eclipse to begin. Ever so slowly the brightness from the moon began to disappear, until there was total darkness. I couldn’t even see where the moon was for a time. Then a reddish color started to appear as the moon slowly reappeared. 
Life can be like a lunar eclipse. Sometimes you can see clearly, in the light that shines bright, and then when trials come and darkness overtakes you, it is then that you have to hold on to what you know to be right and true, trusting on the promises of God even when you can’t see your way, and you feel all alone. It is darkest just before the light comes back once again. Jesus had one of those times as He went through the experience in the Garden of Gethsemane, and on to the cross. He felt totally separated from the Father. Yet, He continued to trust and say, “Thy will be done.”
  With the return of the light, the moon had a reddish color to it, reminding me of the blood of Jesus shed on the cross for my behalf.  Thank you Jesus!

Happy For A Reason Reasons:
1.       Enjoyed getting up early this morning so I could watch the lunar eclipse.
2.       Burr it is cold! Makes for a very pretty frosty morning!
3.       Was able to go to church this morning with Ron. When I work nights it doesn’t happen too often.
4.       My stove has a delayed bake setting, so the house smelled delicious, and the meal was ready to eat when we got home.
5.       I love Christmas music! I can listen to it all year long! 

No comments:

Post a Comment