Saturday, December 31, 2011

December 15


December 15, 2011 ~

As I read, Galatians 5:19-24, this morning, it was brought to my attention how different the works of the flesh and the fruit of the Spirit. One demands, but the other produces. The first list, works of the flesh, causes one to be anxious, demanding “me” to be first, unbalanced, and self-indulgent. It leads to total self-centered living. The second list, the fruits of the Spirit has characteristics that “speaks” shows more concern for others, “serenity,” resilience, reliability. While on one hand there is manipulation, on the other, the Spirit enables you to have a transformation from the inside out. In turn, you will have responsible conduct bringing peace and joy into your life.

“Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.” ~Galatians 5:15-24

Another interesting difference between these two lists, is the fact that “works of the flesh” is plural where the “Fruit of the Spirit” is singular. To me, this suggest that to live a life in the “flesh” can only cause division, anxiety, distress, animosity, and separation. Contrast that with the life you can live guided by the Spirit which produces one fruit of the Spirit that reveals itself in the nine different qualities: love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control, which all foster harmony.
Happy For A Reason Reasons:
1.       Lessons from God’s Word.
2.       My dad gave me my grandmother’s old Singer treadle sewing machine!
3.       I have a Singer treadle sewing machine that I can lend to someone who was looking for one to rent. Fun to see her smile!  The only cost, I get to see some pictures of how she used it!
4.       My co-worker, Asimer, always leaves everything neat and orderly. He always goes far beyond the call of duty!
5.       I have a job!

No comments:

Post a Comment