Saturday, December 31, 2011

December 28


December 28, 2011 ~

“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs which indeed appear beautiful outwardly, but inside are full of dead men’s bones and all uncleanness.” ~Matthew 23:17

“But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousness are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.” ~Isaiah 64:6

“Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.” ~Psalms 51:10

Here Jesus is saying that true religion is not rooted our external behavior, which everyone can see, but in the condition of the heart. We can look great on the outside but be rotten to the core on the inside spiritually. Our outward motives might keep us clean on the outside, while we are as filthy rages on the inside. If the heart and spirit is made new, we will have newness of life. We must begin with ourselves. If we don’t we’ll be like the Scribes and Pharisees who were like ornaments of a grave, only for show.
Oh, Father God, create a new heart in me!
Happiness For A Reason Reasons:
1.       A God who knows my heart and is still working with me!
2.       A God who gives me a clean heart!
3.       A good night of sleep…once again! Working nights, one appreciates it probably a bit more.
4.       My boss was able to find someone besides me to fill in for someone who was ill  today!
5.       Peter’s help!

No comments:

Post a Comment