Saturday, December 31, 2011

December 17

December 18, 2011 ~
Some potato farmers decided to save the biggest potatoes for themselves and to plant the smaller potatoes as seed. After a few disappointing harvests, they discovered that nature had reduced their potato crops to the size of marbles. Through this disaster, those farmers learned an important law of life.
“They could not have the best things of life for themselves and use the leftovers for seed. The law of life decreed that the harvest would reflect the planting.
“In another sense, planting small potatoes is still common practice. We take the big things of life for ourselves and plant the leftovers. We expect that by some crazy twist of spiritual laws, our selfishness will be rewarded with unselfishness.”—International Student Fellowship Newsletter, March 2007.
Now, is a very good time to start putting this lesson to work in my life!
Be Generous and Do Good ~Galatians 6:6-10
“Let him who is taught the word share in all good things with him who teaches. Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap. For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life. And Let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all, especially to those who are of the household of faith.”
~*~ Here I am catching up on my postings for my blog. Today I posted for October 9th, the next to last day of my father’s life. I realized a very special thing about my father. He planted the biggest and best things to sprout for others, not the leftovers!
Happy For A Reason Reasons:
1.      Family! Once again, especially for my father who taught me so many valuable lessons in and about life!
2.      Sleep is avoiding me, today. I woke up every two hours or more. This makes me thankful for the times when sleeps comes easily!
3.      A quiet house. Had it not been for the quiet, I wouldn’t have gotten even the sleep I have.
4.      A bed to sleep on, with sheets and blankets to keep me warm. With them wrapped around me, I am reminded of gift of Jesus!
5.      The gift of Jesus, who had only swaddling clothes to warm him as a newborn baby that first Christmas Eve, lived a perfect life, and died on the cross for me. He now covers me with His robe of righteousness that I might have the most precious gift of eternal life. This gift is only possible because of what Christ did for me!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment