Saturday, December 31, 2011

December 25


December 25, 2011 ~

A Christmas candle is a lovely thing;
It makes no noise at all,
But softly gives itself away;
While quite unselfish, it grows small.
- Eva K. Logue

Christmas is the one time of the year that really brings into focus the union of the divine and human natures when Christ left everything in Heaven and became one of us. Wow, this truly is a most precious gift. The story of redemption starts in the manger, on Christmas, so long ago; God was manifested in the flesh as a baby.
It is difficult to comprehend; Christ went through it all…happy times, sad times, and times of sorrow. He gave up all of Heaven, took upon Himself human nature, knowing that there would be pain and sorrow here. My heart melts as I think about what He gave up, what He unselfishly went through, and what He accomplished while here on this earth. He did it for me! He unselfishly gave up Heaven to save me! For this great gift of love, I will forever be grateful! Thank you Jesus!
Happy For A Reason Reasons:
1.   Christmas is here! When I woke up, I didn’t know if I was happy or sad about it, but when I thought about the real reason for Christmas, Happy was all I could be!
2.   A walk in the rain with Ron.
3.   A paved walk way, in a beautiful setting, so we didn't have to get all muddy.
4.   Umbrella! Actually, I told Ron that true Oregon Ducks don’t need umbrella’s, where upon, he shot back, “No, I’m just a well equipped Oregon duck!” I had to admit, he had a point there, and having the umbrella kept the top half of us dry, as well!
5.   Talked to La’Quon, Juanita, Clarissa, Alissa, and Peter today!

Merry Christmas everyone! May this day bring you closer to Jesus as you contemplate the reason for the season.

Blessings to one and all!

No comments:

Post a Comment