Thursday, June 30, 2011

June 10

June 10, 2011~
Our pool sold! My day, took a drastic change about mid morning when I received an e-mail from someone saying they wanted to buy our pool and wanted to pick it up today! So, I immedicatly started emptying it. By the time I was done emptying and cleaning it, I was wet up to the top of my legs! I could almost have gone swimming. It wasn’t too bad on the feet and legs, but any further would have been a bit too much for me! As I was cleaning the pool, which had been nearly clean two days before, (amazing what sunlight and warmer temperatures do to pool water) I began to wonder if I could figure out another life lesson.  Well, how often have I not taken the time to put God first in my day, only to have the day pass by and at the end I realized that I had put Him last. Another day comes and I repeat it all over again. The “algae” starts growing. It takes on the forms of doubt, depression, and not having a clear mind. The days also seem more difficult and I have to work so hard to clean up the mess. Yes, the mess would have been avoidable if I’d have kept God first! If I would have checked the pool even one day earlier, I could have prevented a lot of hard work by just adding the chlorine. So it is in my life, check in first with God and prevent a lot of difficult cleaning up and unpleasant moments.
Happy for A Reason reason’s:
1.       The pool sold! Sold to a very sweet young couple with three little boys!
2.       The pool needed the water drained and cleaned…. And fast! It provided me with a lot of needed exercise!
3.       Thankful today was not a very cold day! It was cloudy but not in the 30’s so getting soaked while emptying the pool wasn’t so bad.
4.       Got a great start on one of my “vacation” projects!!! I’m hopeful that by the time my vacation is over my house will have many fewer items in it and a bit more orgainized!
5.       Jeahovah-Rapha, my healing God.  Exodus 15: 26 Yes, He is a wonderful, marvelous God!

No comments:

Post a Comment