Thursday, June 30, 2011

June 30

June 30, 2011~
“The Lord is good to those who wait for Him” ~Lamentations 3:25
Here I am on the last day of June. The year is over half way gone. What have I accomplished? Will I be able to reach the goals I have set for myself this year? Most of all where am I when it comes to my relationship with God? Am I closer, farther away, or the same as I was at the beginning of the year? How can I tell, what do I need to do? As I think about these questions, I realize something that happened to me this morning plays a huge role in finding the answer.
I got up very early this morning to make it to a required meeting at work. After the meeting  was over I noticed I had a voice mail message. The message was one from my husband giving me information about someone we care about deeply.  I found myself taking a deep breath and asking, “OK, now what do I need to do?” I thought it through and proceeded to do just what I thought I needed to do, step by step. I am a bit ashamed to say, but not once did I stop and “wait” on God. No, I did not panic, but I realize now that this is an area that I need to grow in my experience of “waiting” on God and learn to pray without ceasing. “Pray without ceasing.” 1Thessalonians 5:17. So what am I doing that is getting in the way of  my learning to truly “wait” on the Lord? Personally, I believe I can find many things that get in the way of my “waiting” on God, work, lack of prioritizing, rushing my worship time or saying I’ll do it in a little while, a little while comes and goes before I know it and on goes my list. Yes, in order to have my response be too immediately “wait” on God, I must put Him first in all areas of my life. Here I was doing what I thought I needed to do because of my experience. Never mind that I could have “waited” on God, who has more experience than I could ever have. If I would have stopped and given it to God I could have had a quietness and deep peace in my soul. I believe that each time I do this my relationship with God is strengthened anxiety, worry, and fear will be gone. My faith will become unshakeable because I know without a doubt that, He is my strength and He will see me through no matter what. I can depend on Him even when my world is crumbling!
 Lord, please help me to prioritize and recognize when I am not putting You first in everything. May my first thoughts always be directed to You, from whence comes my strength! You are an awesome God! All my praise goes to You.
Happy For A Reason reason’s:
1.       A phone message that ultimately helped me see my need to keep my God in His rightful place of being number one in my life!
2.       Everything is going to be OK.
3.       I have a great bunch of coworkers!
4.       Time!  Something I need so I can get caught up on my blog entries since I took a vacation and then a trip down South!
5.       A God who is so patient with me! Never leaving me alone, but always there to show me the way, even when I don’t realize it and sometimes telling me to wait because He wants me to trust in Him to grow, and grow, and grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment