Thursday, June 30, 2011

June 7

June 7, 2011 ~
What fun we had today! It is my father’s 86th birthday and we did a surprise Birthday Party with strawberry shortcake!
Memories of my dad, start when I must have been two or so. It seems so trivial now, but we were on probably a Sabbath afternoon walk in the fields around where we were living. We came to this “huge” ditch. Everyone was running and jumping in and over it. To me it seemed like it reached to the other side of the world, as I knew it. I was terrified! But my Daddy was there and he encouraged me. It was then he offered me his hand and helped me, as we went hand in hand to the other side. To this day, my dad is Daddy to me! As life has continued, through thick and thin, he has held my hand and always been there for me in his many rolls. He has been an inspiration, encourager, and supporter when I have needed it. Yes, He has always been there for me! Thanks Daddy!
Daddy, you may have thought at times that I just wouldn’t get it, that I didn’t see, or that I hadn’t heared what you meant, as you were trying to teach me the many life lessons you knew were so important for me to know to be able to succeed, but I got every word.  You may have thought, at times, that I had missed it all, but I was watching and listening to every word, and it is written on my heart. Oh, without you, Daddy, I would not be the wife, mother, woman that I am today. You were a wonderful example of integrity for me. Because of you I have had a strong foundation that no one could take out from under me. Yes, because of you I grew up with strong Christian values. So let it be known to you, Daddy, how grateful I am for all the life lessons you taught me and for having you in my life! I love you! From your forever grateful kid and favorite youngest daughter, Barbara!  ~Smiles and Hugs to you!
Happy For A Reason reason’s:
1.       Being able to celebrate my Dad’s 86th birthday!
2.       A Dad who has been a wonderful example of integrity that allowed him to keep his word even when no one else was looking.
3.       A Dad who has always been in my cheering section and encouraged me to keep my eyes on Jesus no matter what may come!
4.       A Dad who has always shown a kind and gentle spirit in meeting others needs.
5.       A Dad whose guidance helped me to apply the precepts of Scripture in everyday and difficult situations.
 Yes,  I am really eating my broccoli before I get any of Pop's Birthday Cake and Ice cream.
                Sure, I'll show you what broccoli looks like when it is chewed! No problem!
                                                  Trecking poles for Pops!

                                                     Clarissa and Levis....Smile!
                                                    Ahhhh.....Heidi is all tuckerd out!
                                                             Picture taking time!
                                               Hey, look what Olivia taught us to do!!!


Johnathan and Deborah

                                                       Celest and Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment