Thursday, June 30, 2011

June 20

June 20, 2011 ~
I was more than ready for my shift to be over, this morning. Computers are wonderful when they work, but when there are bugs in the system, so to speak, they are a bit challenging! Now for some sleep and then I’m curious what interesting things I’ll find to keep me busy today? Maybe being too busy is the problem. How about some quietness instead?
“This is what the Sovereign Lord, the Holy One of Israel says: “In repentance and rest is your salvation, in Quietness and trust is your strength, but you would have none of it.””~Isaiah 30:15
Here it appears that when Isaiah spoke these words of God, Israel ignored them. They instead, ran after other Gods and other nations. Today, God is calling me to turn to Him for the same strength, and quiet rest that He promised His people long ago. Too often I have the tendency to run around frantically, looking this way and that, using my own strength to get myself out of trouble rather than resting quietly in His salvation.
Lord, help me today to find that quietness as I rest, and trust in You.
GIVE ME A QUIET MIND
When winds are blowing, waves are rising, falling
And all the air is full of dust and spray;
When voices, like to sea birds’ plaintive calling,
Confuse my day;
Then, then I know Thee, Lord of highest heaven
In newborn need discover Thee, and find
Nought can discomfort him to whom is given
A quiet mind.
When hopes have failed, and heavy sadness crusheth,
And doubt and fear would weave their deadly spell,
Then thought of Thee my troubled spirit husheth;
And all is well.
In midnight hours when weariness ignoreth
Heaven’s starry host, and battle wounds are mine,
Then Thy right hand uplifteth and outpoureth
Love’s oil and wine.
O Blessed Lord, beyond the moment’s sorrow
I see above, beaneath, before, behind–
Eternal Love. Give me today, tomorrow,
A quiet mind.
(From the collected poems of Amy Carmichael)

Happy For A Reason reasons:
1.       A quiet morning.
2.       Sleep!
3.       My Bed!
4.       Cars!
5.       Mechanics! What a mess I’d make if I had to change my own oil, and fix my car myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment