Thursday, June 30, 2011

June 29


June 29, 2011~
Oh I love this Oregon weather!  Not too hot and not too humid!
While I was gone the seeds from last year’s arugula that went to seed, sprouted and I can hardly see what I planted. So the question is, do I try to weed it out or scrap it all and start over? Since it is my birthday, I think I’ll figure that out on another day!
What a great day this has ended up being! My friend Chris called last night and asked if I had plans for today? Ron, Alissa, and I met up with them at the PortoBella Restaurant. What an enjoyable, and might I say tasty, time we had! What a special birthday they helped make this to be! And there is no better place to start my happy for a reason reasons, than right here!
Happy For A Reason reasons:
1.       Another birthday….the alternative isn’t such a pleasant thought. Rather than thinking about getting older (though that is a given,) I choose to think of it as getting wiser.
2.       The pleasant company of my friends, the Philpott family!
3.       A treat to try a new vegan!
4.       Delicious, tantalizing…. food! Especially the Beet Tartare appetizer made with cashew cheese, Potato Gnocchi with Vegetable Ragu, and Pizza. (Oh, my, I think I could put down nearly everything we age!)
5.       Smiles, smiles, and more smiles!
           Decisions, Decisions...I think it all looks like it'll be good! Ron isn't so sure.... Smile
                                                          So what will it be?

                           Everyone had to try the homemade cashew vegan ice cream.
                                                 Which one do you think is the best?
              Alissa thinks the carmel isn't to bad, but don't give me anymore of the lemon!



And now it is time for visiting......
Thanks for all the fun memories everyone!                                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment