Monday, June 20, 2011

June 4

June 4, 2011~
~ “Start by doing what’s necessary, then what’s possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.” ~St. Francis of Assisi
Another bright sunshiny day! The swallows are obviously happy as they sing and swoop this way and that way in the sky, and so am I! As I hiked to Ramona Falls today, I got to thinking about life, climbing mountains, getting around road blocks and how all these have something in common. I even thought about a few songs that speak about climbing mountains.
Every day of our lives there are challenges, some we like and some we don’t, some are easy and some are not. It is like climbing a mountain, to get to the top I may come across a washed out trail, a stream to ford, boulders blocking the path. From all appearances, at times it looks impossible. Dare I dream of succeeding? Dare I follow my dreams when every step I take, I hear the words, “you’ll never reach it,” “you’re going the wrong direction,”  and my faith is barely holding on. It is then that I look up, “from whence cometh my strength.” “I will lift up my eyes to the hills, from whence comes my help” Psalm 121. Jesus says, “Yes, this is the way, you can make it with My help, keep trying, keep pressing on.” No matter what the “mountain” in my life is, I know without a doubt, there is an answer and with God’s help I can climb to the very top! So as long as I live, I will continue to dream and “climb every mountain, ford every stream, follow every rainbow, till I find my dream” (lyrics from Climb Every Mountain) even if the way at times is unpleasant!
Happy For A Reason reason’s:
1.       Mountain Climbing experiences, they are character building experiences!
2.      A wonderful hike with Ron!
3.      Beautiful hike to Ramona Falls!
4.      People who take the time each year to repair trails and make new ones where the old ones have  been washed away.
5.      Detours, they may take longer, but in the long ran they can keep you safe and be great learning experiences!

No comments:

Post a Comment