Thursday, June 30, 2011

June 19

June 19, 2011 ~
Talked to friend, Danielle, who is preparing for surgery. I was reminded of what we have to do to prepare for surgery, to get cleaned out. Then my mind started thinking about how I need to be that cleaned out when it comes to my spiritual life. There are so many times “self” gets in the way and mucks things up. Just like preparing for surgery can be a painful, unpleasant experience, so it is in my spiritual life. Getting rid of things that take my focus off of what is important, can be extremely painful, but definitely not impossible, and my character changes for the better with each experience!
Happy For A Reason reasons:
1.       Two and a half sections of strawberries weeded! Getting me closer yet to having it done!
2.       A few strawberries are ripe and delicious!
3.       Hope for a few more strawberries and delicious Oregon strawberries on my strawberry shortcake!
4.       A good sleep after a very busy and rough night at work since the computer system we usually use was down for six hours last night!
5.       The hope I have for a better night at work tonight!  ~Smile

No comments:

Post a Comment