Tuesday, August 30, 2011

August 17

August 17, 2011 ~
“For thus says the Lord God, the Holy One of Israel: ‘In returning and rest you shall be saved; In quietness and confidence shall be your strength.’” ~Isaiah 30:15, NKJV
At times there just seems to be no rest for the weary and there is just more pain to go around than seems possible. Life is full of turbulent storms, causing disappointments, negative feelings and doubt. But when I look to the Bible here is what I find….
I can have quiet rest, even when life is hectic!
“Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.” ~Matthew 11:28-29
For every painful experience, there is the healing touch of God! It doesn’t matter if it is physical pain or emotional pain, He is the Lord who heals!
“Bless the Lord, O my soul; and forget not all His benefits: Who forgives all your iniquities, who heals all your diseases,” ~Psalm 103:2, 3
Happy For A Reason Reasons:
1.       Strength from above to keep looking up and find many reasons to have a smile on my face even when there are other things that would normally cloud the whole day.
2.       Ron’s help to get started with canning the apricots!
3.       I was able to hear Alissa’s choir practice. They are sounding very nice.
4.       I heard some encouraging words, that give me hope that Alissa may be accepted into the school that she was hoping to go to. Now for all the other pieces to fall into place. Should know tomorrow!
5.       I have the next four days off! Maybe I can get caught up on a thing or two!

No comments:

Post a Comment