Tuesday, August 30, 2011

August 19

August 19, 2011 ~
What a day!  We checked out a trailer for the girls. We were seeing if it was something that they could move into. Ron and I checked it out early in the morning and headed home. While we were driving along, we were discussing whether or not we thought it was an option. It would need some elbow grease to get it fixed up and we were trying to figure out if it was going to be a good option. Well, about three miles down the road I looked down only to see that I was covered with fleas!  Ron said, “I have them, too!” I had never seen so many fleas! We stopped alongside the road, jumped out and quickly started hitting the fleas off, shaking out our sweaters and floor covers. I was flinging my hair this way and that, because some fleas had gotten all the way up to my neck. Ugh, that was just plain creepy! We then got back into the car and went a few more miles when we had to “de-flea” again, only to have to stop again another few miles down the road. They were getting fewer but we had two more stops before getting home. People driving by probably had a few laughs at us and wondered if we were a bit crazy. I bet they would have been doing the same thing if they were in our shoes! Once home, we jumped in the tub and got rid of our flea infested clothing, which went straight into the washer.  We figured just in case some of the fleas dropped off in the yard, porch or bathroom, we better go to the vet and get some flea treatments and some spray for the car. Later we found more fleas in the car so we did spray Ron’s car! Oh, yes, we decided that the trailer was not the place for the girls!
What a day this ended up being! I took the cat to the vet, since she needed her shots, and I got the flea treatments for her, as well as the dog, so that we’d be prepared if any of the fleas decided to take up residence around our place! I do think I have more than enough reasons to be Happy today!  
Happy For A Reason Reasons:
1.       We now know without a doubt that we need not consider the trailer as a place for the girls to move!
2.       Had a great reason not to put off taking the cat to the vet!
3.       Our veterinary.
4.       The vet gave us a cat carrier to carry the cat back to the car, since the cat was not very happy and less than cooperative when we were leaving!
5.       So happy that when the bottom of the box fell out, along with the cat, she didn’t get away!

No comments:

Post a Comment