Tuesday, August 30, 2011

August 26


August 26, 2011 ~
Last night, a child with breathing problems, a cough, and some sort of infection was brought in by a father. The nurse, who was pregnant put on a mask, to protect against the possibility of catching something that was potentially very contagious and could do harm even to her unborn child. This reminded me of the following quote, “Attitudes are contagious, Are yours worth catching?” by Dennis and Wendy Mannering. I ask myself, if my attitudes are contagious, do others need to put on a mask, or is it something that would be good for them to catch? I think I’ll keep that in mind for today, even if it is time to work through things that are not so easy, or when things don’t go just as planned!
Happy For A Reason Reasons:                 
            1.       Administration came in to serve the night shift workers at 1:00 AM in the morning!
2.       Great picnic meal provided by the hospital today for all its employees, volunteers, and doctors!
3.       Yummy, corn on the cob! I think a good year of corn on the cob ranks up there at the top on the list of my favorite fresh vegetables!
4.       Memories, of growing, drying, freezing, canning, eating corn with my family, during childhood!
5.       Memories of picnics with friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment