Thursday, August 11, 2011

August 4

August 4, 2011~
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end (KJV).
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope (NKVJ). 
For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope (NASB). 
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future (NIV).        ~Jeremiah 29:11 
As Ron read this verse this morning, I know it was not an accident. God’s timing is always perfect. Sometimes I just don’t know it. H Here God is telling me, He knows the plans He has for me, and these plans are for me to prosper, and not be harmful to me, they are plans that will give me hope and a future! When I did a word search on all the key words on this text, and also read it in several different versions of the Bible, it was amazing to me how much this verse assures me that God Loves me, is with me in all situations and circumstances, has my best interest in mind and will be with me through thick and thin now and forever! Yes, His care and devotion goes much deeper and farther than personal ambitions and prosperity, but spiritually as well. In the end He will bring out the best in everything, and I will say, along with Him, “it is very good!” He never says it won’t hurt, but here I have the promise that what He has started, He is going to finish! No jumping ship, no giving up. He is with me for the long haul!
 So, here are some things I know for sure: God is love, so these plans must be loving. God is God, so His intentions must be for my best interest, and good will come out of all situations that I must pass through.  God is a God of hope, even if I never see the outcome I hope for here on this earth, I know I will see it in eternity! He has promised, and He is a God who never changes. 
Father God, may my faith in you never waiver, not matter what trials I may face. Please help me to trust You as I continue to cling to Your precious promises, knowing that You know the end of the story and it will be more glorious than I can imagine!
Happy For A Reason reasons:
1.       God is not finished with me yet!
2.       God has great plans for me!
3.       A great sister!
4.       Wonderful hike with Judy!
5.       Comfy furniture to sit in and put my tired feet up, after a long day hike!

No comments:

Post a Comment