Tuesday, August 30, 2011

August 24

August 24, 2011 ~
“Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is.” ~1 John 3:2

Today has been a beautiful day, in spite of the clouds, humidity, thunderheads that formed, and the many situations that tried to cast shadows throughout the day. One blessing came straight from the clouds. They made the day a bit cooler than it would have been if there had been no clouds. That is also the way I feel when things are difficult, my God helps it not be so hot! I can find a blessing in most anything, I just have to look until I find it!

It is kind of like what I read for my worship this morning. The Bible talks about the early or former rain of the Spirit, which is the baptism of the Holy Spirit. As I experience this, the Holy Spirit helps me grow into a mature Christian so that I will benefit from the latter rain which ripens the harvest. This represents the spiritual grace that prepares me for the coming of my Jesus! In other words, I need the early rain to help me through the trials in my life in order for the final latter rain to be able to do its work in my life. “Unless the former rain has fallen, there will be no life; the green blade will not spring up. Unless the early showers have done their work, the latter rain can bring no seed to perfection.” (The Faith I Live By, p. 333)
Happy For A Reason Reasons:
1.       I was blessed with school supplies for Alissa and La’Quon! Thank you to all who donated and made this all possible!
2.       A beautiful day, in spite of so many reasons I could choose to let shadow me this day.
3.       The clouds made the day cooler!
4.       I can find a blessing in most anything, I just have to look until I find it!
5.       Seeing my daughter Alissa, take a difficult situation and shine through it all! Thank you Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment