Monday, February 21, 2011

February 13

February 13, 2011~
Today, I got home around 7:00 am. Off to bed I went, so I could get much needed sleep! Was ready to get up around 2:45 pm. Fixed lunch, since Ron was doing the girls taxes, then went for a walk under the big umbrella, in the rain.  Knowing I needed to go back to work this evening I have just been relaxing, but the most enjoyable thing I did was bake brownies with my Valentine! They are in the oven baking as I am typing. Oh, the house smells yummy!
Happy For A Reason reason’s:
1.       Rest for my weary body, after a very busy, long, night of work! The computer was down for monthly maintenance last night from 12:01 am until 5:30 am.  Of course, that didn’t keep the patients away!  Actually, it wasn’t so bad, because of the great crew of people I was working with, plus a few extras, not to mention some really nice people for patients.
2.       Time spent walking, visiting, and baking with my most wonderful Valentine!
3.       A double sized umbrella, so we could walk in the rain without getting soaked! Something that one really needs when living in Oregon!
4.       A great neighbor who made, and replaced our neighborhood mailbox stand! It keeps getting wiped out by people cutting the corner to tight with horse trailers and such. He moved it as well so we shouldn’t be as likely to have them taken out unless someone speeds around the corner too fast.
5.       Vocabulary words! Communication with others is made so much easier because of the ability to use words. There are so many ways that words can make life easier and more pleasant. A card, a letter or a phone call from someone who cares are some of the ways words can be used to encourage. It would be so much more difficult to get my feelings and emotions across, not to mention needs without the gift of words!

No comments:

Post a Comment